Saturday, September 1, 2012

Breaking News: Brandon Inge to Have Season-Ending Shoulder Surgery



A bit of breaking news on this Saturday night.

Oakland A's third baseman Brandon Inge will have surgery on his right shoulder and will be out for the rest of the season.

Inge aggravated his shoulder in the third inning against the Red Sox when throwing out Pedro Ciriaco on a ground ball. 

However, he still took his at bat in the bottom half of the inning, and heroically smacked a two-run double to right field. He was promptly replaced by Cliff Pennington after the inning was over. 

Inge told CSN California after the game that he would need surgery, and that it would "probably won't be for another week or two".

"I gave everything I had to offer to this team," Inge said. "When I get the surgery, I want to get back right away. I feel like in this clubhouse, I can still make an impact."

Inge is hitting .216 with 12 home runs and 52 RBI this season, splitting time between the Detroit Tigers and the A's. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by dani.ananda61 | sport-icon.blogspot.com | ,